The Kolah Farangi Citadel is one of the monuments of Birjand. The Kolah Farangi Citadel was built in the Qajar period between the ages of 1264 and 1313 AH and is currently located in the Birjand governorate. Formerly also known as the Hessam al-Dawlah Citadel, the Bibi Bride's Palace and the Arg e Sarkar. Regardless of its ziggurat form, the floor has the most complete layout and space, and the front porch has been built in front of the floor, creating a beautiful arch with several arches. Registration has been registered as one of Iran's national monuments.
The Cultural Heritage Organization has registered the building as an old and valuable building. The citadel is hexagonal in shape and cone-shaped and white in color. The building is made of mud, brick, lime and saroche.
This monument, once a government seat, is one of the late Zandiyah and early Qajar monuments. The Kolah Farangi Citadel is composed of a number of important parts, irrespective of the special form of the Ziggurat.
The floor of the building with the most complete map and space, has a special place in this building. The entrance of the Kolah Farangi Citadel is built in front of the Ground Floor and it has a few beautiful arches. The total space created on the same floor, besides having various decorating techniques, is designed to connect different spaces such as the vestibule, domes and rooms by the corridors.
The basin of the building also created a centrality on the ground floor so that various entrances to the space around the basin open to this location. The courtyard area is one meter lower than the main floor of the building and is designed and constructed as an octagon.
The space around this place has decorative arches with beautiful Mogharnas. There are a number of arches, short platforms in the lower part of it. The illumination of the basin is provided by a dome of a pyramid and illuminated windows. A beautiful fountain with a special form in addition to ventilation of the basin, creates a pleasant air in this place. Includes decorations used in the basin space, Mogharnas, formalization, honeycomb decorations, and flower decorations.
The first floor, which is octagonal on the same floor, has less space and several cabins. The other three floors are also symbolically constructed and are solely for the formability of the building.
The building is located on Motahari Street in Birjand.